Tuesday, January 6, 2009

U is for...

Well, it's been a while but I am back! I wish I could have finished my alphabet series before the new year, but I ran out of time...literally! Now that work has settled down, I will hopefully be posting more often again. And of course be filling up the shop with more slugs! I have a lot of new ideas for 2009, so stay tuned to the blog to see whats coming up! And to pick up where we left off....

I couldn't resist this print by EmilyBalivet for no other reason that the fact that I LOOOOOVE unicorns! U is for Unicorn Print from the Medieval Alphabet is just one of the super cool prints she has available. While I'm not very fond of medieval art really, this collection is quite nice and I could see it fitting in well in certain decors. Each piece has been painstakingly (well it seems that way to me anyhoo) painted by hand by Emily using acrylic and hide glue to give it the aged cracked effect. Very interesting, I love artists who play science! She has the whole alphabet available in 8 x 10 prints for $15.00 each. Check out her other renaissance and medieval themed pieces as well. My favs: Awakening, Celtic Mermaid Hand Painted Treasure Box and Z is for Zodiac. This gal makes me want to go to a renaissance festival!

And I couldn't resist this new find! I am quite partial to this artist's work because it closely resembles the pages upon pages of scribbles that I have in my sketchbooks. I never knew what to make of them...it awesome to see that Christina of whimsyloo has found a way! All of her alphabet letter, like Letter U are bursting with vibrant colors and fun little swirls and loops...or as I like to call them, twibbles! Her style reminds me a lot of Dr. Seuss, who I love! Check out all the funky prints she has to offer, every letter is a little different and each 8 x 10 print is only $13.00. For more about Christina visit her blog and you'll see some more great artwork and a etsy front page feature!! Congrats to whimsyloo!

0 comments: