Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sneak Peek!!!!

Here is a sneak peek of some of my Special Edition Christmas Slugs....there will be more to come I have about 3 or 4 different designs. I want to do some Hanukkah slugs too, but I make no promises! This time of year its hard to find free time to think, no less do anything creative! Please let me know what you think! I'd like to do a hundred times more next year for the holidays and I want to know what all my MarthaLand fans like!
This cute little couple caught under the mistletoe is a very special limited edition for one of my biggest fans...Nick, who definitely inspired me to make some holiday slugs. There will only be one of these made this year, it was quite an undertaking with all the logistics involved of getting the mistletoe to hang just right and figuring out how to incorporate it to begin with! Hope you like them Nick! Let me know what you think....
And of course, there must be some minis as well! I can't think of anything really, but I thought little presents all wrapped up would be cute, to emphasize their tininess, because well, miniature and cute it twice as much fun! Hard to see the scale in a picture, but the present is about 1 inch tall...I don't know if I will make many of these, it was very time consuming and messy with the super glue to put the ribbon on the present!

4 comments:

The Pink Koala said...

Sooo cute!

The Pink Koala said...

sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I am in *love* with the reindeer slug. I'm not one to buy trinkets to sit around the house, but I'm gonna have to make an exception in this case. ;)

Martha said...

We fell in love with the reindeer as well! It's funny but he totally happened by accident. I had made a brown slug, and thought it was pretty boring until I found a tiny little ball of red clay on my work desk and stuck it to its face! Eureka! Glad you like him, hope you get him before someone else!