Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Etsy Interview with Gulf Coast Cottage PDF

While collecting items for my I Like BBQ collection I came across the most delightful and creative little shop! Jen, fellow Floridian, is the creative mind behind Gulf Coast Cottage PDF. Her shop is stocked full of tasty felt patterns for lots of yummy foods and other fun items. I absolutely love her Backyard BBQ Play Set with its adorable little grill, spatula, tongs and of course delicious steak, hot dog and burger with all the fixin's!
Give us three words that describe your Etsy shop:
Fun, Tasty, Unique
How did you come about making patterns for felt food?
I started by making felt food for my kids, I loved brainstorming new ideas and the challenge. Making felt food is addictive- I figured other moms would like to give it a try!
What's your favorite thing to eat?
Gorgonzola cheese and bacon (not necessarily together, but that wouldn't be so bad!)
What's your biggest fear...spiders? Heights?
Depends on the day. Usually germs :P
How do you deal with artist's block and where do you find inspiration?
I get my inspiration from my kids and everyday life. When I have artist's block- I try to think of new and fun ideas. The better I think the idea is- the faster it gets finished.
Be sure to stop over to the shop for a Buy 4 Patterns Get one Free Sale going on now! Also check out her shop announcement to see how you can get a free pdf to make california sushi roll! Thanks Jen for the interview and my pattern, I can't wait to make it!

0 comments: