Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Be Inspired

I've been a fan of Meredith Dittmar for a long time, in fact her artwork inspired me to get back into working with clay again. She has unbelieveable precision but what's more inspiring are the concepts behind her magical works. Check them out here. Her flickr page has more pictures as well of her newer pieces for an upcoming show in Istanbul. Once again she has inspired me to try out some new forms with clay! Here's a little peek at a digital sketch I did for a new project I'm working on. Who knows if it will ever transform into clay...it's fun to imagine all the wonderful landscapes I can build! It's almost perfect just by itself as a postcard just the way it is.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I love it! It makes me want to try some nature instead of just cities in my collages. Love the colors!