Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Project

Here's a little side project I've been working on. I want to start making dioramas with hopes of trying to get a gallery show. This is probably just a pipe dream and I will never follow through, but it's fun to experiment and try new things. One of my top five favorite artists of all time Meredith Dittmar was the inspiration behind this project. If you have never seen her work, you MUST check it out at her website. She also has an Etsy shop, but there are no clay figures for sale right now. You can always check out her sold items. This creation I call Feather Girl. She's a crude attempt, but over all I'm happy with the way she came out. I've never made something this big out of clay before. It was a real challenge. A lot of the smaller detailed pieces broke and she is quite deformed. I had fun putting together the feather skirt. Maybe I'll try incorporating other materials on my second attempt.

0 comments: